Love Medicine

Love Medicine
Detail of beadwork from an Ojibwe medicine pouch

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hey Everybody

It's taken me longer than I would like to admit to figure out how to sign onto this blog, but I wanted to tell you all how impressed and gratified I am by your discussion and questions about Edgar Mint. I don't think I can answer all the questions about Edgar Mint, but I will say this--just because I wrote the book doesn't mean I have all the answers. My intentions in writing the book are much less important than your reactions--how you absorb the book and its characters and meanings. In so doing, you make the book your own and the author becomes more or less irrelevant, which is how it should be. It sounds like you're finished discussing the book, but in the next couple of days I'll try to answer some of the more prevelant questions that have been raised.

2 comments:

Jessica Deckard said...

Thanks Mr. Udall,
We are so excited that you joined us and can't wait to hear what your answers to some of our questions are.

Laurie said...

Thank you for your time, Mr. Udall. The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint is one of my favorite books. I feel so close to all the characters. I wanted to defend Edgar when he was bullied, I cried when Cecil died, and I laughed out loud during certain scenes. I truly felt connected to the characters.