Love Medicine

Love Medicine
Detail of beadwork from an Ojibwe medicine pouch

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mormons

I just wanted to say how I enjoyed the Mormon's... or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day saints coming to visit us. I found how they viewed things very interesting, considering everything they do is so different from us. I understand that they need to be completely focused therefore don't have the opportunity to talk to their families a lot. That is something I wouldn't be able to deal with. To be away from my family for a year and rarely ever talk to them, I wouldn't like it considering I'm very close with my family. Also, how they can only listen to let's the say the Christian radio station and no other songs, no television. I don't know if I could live like that for a year or a year in a half. I admire their perseverance, I must say.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Yeah, sure they deserve respect for being so devoted to their religion but there were some things Sister Bunker said that annoyed me. For example, she mentioned how it's sad to her when people reject her message and she continuously stated how "THEY just don't get my message" and "THEY just don't want to believe the truth"...it was something along those lines. Idk, she was nice but i didn't necessarily enjoy listening to her.