Love Medicine

Love Medicine
Detail of beadwork from an Ojibwe medicine pouch

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Baseball in the DR

I've been watching the Little League World Series for a couple of weeks now, and during an international game the announcer mentioned the DR having some of the best players in the world at one time. I think I'm going to write an article about the DR being a huge baseball power back in the day. I'm probably going to write it the article set in the 60's as if there were a recent game, but writing in modern time would be cool since I could talk about there fall from the top. Ideas?

4 comments:

Maddie B said...

That is a great idea Morgan! Definitely your kind of topic. I still have no idea what I'm going to do! I am all over the place haha. I really like what you said about making it as if it were a game in the 1960s. It would be neat to show their fall from the top, but I think it would be even better to have it set in the time period as a current event, as if you just went into like a time warp and picked up a paper from way back then. But that is just my opinion! I'm sure whatever you decided to do is going to be fabulous. 爱你 hah I am studying my Mandarin right now!...I should probably get on this English thing soon ha.

morgan kleinschmidt said...

I also think this is a good idea morgan, and would be easy for you to write about because you are a softball girrrrrrrl! I think I want to do an article relating to sports too.

morgan a! said...

Thanks Maddie for the encouraging comment, I'm glad you like my idea. I think I'm going to end up writing a little about their little league problem, and about current Dominican players.

morgan a! said...

Yeah Morgan you should definitely write about sports because it seems there are a lot in the DR. I'm sure you'll be able to write plenty about soccer if you wanted to choice that sport.