Love Medicine

Love Medicine
Detail of beadwork from an Ojibwe medicine pouch

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Prostitution in A.G.!

When we read that article the other night, i got really confused with the way the author kept talking about prostitution. It seemed weird to me that in Anchient Greece this taboo, illegal, and frowned upon now, would be so common. According to a very trust worthy site (wikipedia), it was very common to find prostitutes, and it was one of populations biggest economic entities! It came as a surprise that when i expected to find a career that was not that big of a deal, they had cities with well known brothels. This opened my eyes and hopefully this helps explain to you the way women were thought of and how they affected the Greek societies.

for further reading follow the link! lol

2 comments:

xXJeffreyXx said...

good info seth, slipped my mind until you brought it up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Seth, this actually helped me a lot because I was a little thrown off about the prostitution topic myself.