Love Medicine

Love Medicine
Detail of beadwork from an Ojibwe medicine pouch

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Poem by Doug

I was born with the birth of he who kills his father and marries his mother.

I let him survive on the mountain side- to be rescued as I had already decided.

I allowed him become popular and dashing, to kill the sphinx and become king.

But I have the power to take that away, and I will OH yes.

I will ruin him and make him go blind

I will in the end be triumphant and he will travel the rest of his days shunned.

I am controlling, I let him live, survive, and make him become prominent. Isn’t it only fair that I ruin him? IT IS HIS TIME

11 comments:

Jessica Deckard said...

I really like that you wrote this from the POV of Fate. Nice.

Kevin Quizzle said...

this is brillant...quite wonderful Doug!

Jordan Harry said...

good job great POV and stanza construction

Taylor Harkness said...

yea doug i didnt know you had a poetic side to you but i am quite impressed. but good job and i also liked the way you intertwined fate with the pov

Anonymous said...

wow doug good poem. could not see you being a poet. the point of view is really intersting and makes you wonder.

bkorrapati25 said...

this is a cute little poem you wrote doug, i never knew you had a poetic side to you...it's cool. we can read poetry with each other on the weekends now

ethan mcraney said...

nice job doug, you could move up north and write poetry!

Jessika Whitbeck said...

alright edgar allan poe. pretty strong poem there cowboy

Ed Watts said...

Oh Douglas, this was really creative. This really shows what you can do when you apply yourelf. If you had more confidence more master pieces would flow.

Jessica Deckard said...

Doug - don't let the haters get you down. They're jealous b/c I didn't put their poems on the blog. Ethan - what's with that that "move up north" slam? Watch the Yankee talk.

doug said...

yes ethan watch it buddy