Love Medicine

Love Medicine
Detail of beadwork from an Ojibwe medicine pouch

Thursday, January 28, 2010

andrew.

I was just looking up native american war paint symbols and I found this site with a lot of different symbols and their meanings/significance. There was one in particular that I liked. It is a handprint which symbolized Man, his existence/ presence in our lives, whether he is still with us or not. This could possible be symbolic for someone who was lost in battle but remains with the tribe in spirit. I found that pretty relevant for the time.

http://www.kivatrading.com/symbol1.htm

1 comment:

Ashleigh Waters said...

I found this website to be really interesting. I found some symbols that were mentioned in Love Medicine. An eagle symbolizes courage and it is very fitting that Beverly has a tattoo of an eagle.