Love Medicine

Love Medicine
Detail of beadwork from an Ojibwe medicine pouch

Thursday, January 21, 2010

For the class to watch before going to bed:

I'm sure some of us remember the book Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark due to it's awesomeness and creepy pictures.

Well, there's a scary story about the beloved Wendigo in the book, and I found a youtube video of a reading of the story.

Fun fact: I once watched a horror movie done completely in the same art style as the pictures of SStTitD, in that it was either black or white without many gray spots . . . I don't recommend it. It has absolutely no dialogue and is heavy on symbols that you probably wouldn't catch on your own. The worst part is, during the first fifteen minutes in an extremely graphic scene, I was eating a delicious oven-baked pizza.

No comments: