Love Medicine

Love Medicine
Detail of beadwork from an Ojibwe medicine pouch

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ellie Simmons HAIKU

1. Barely a true man,

The change felt from the inside

Is hardly realized.



2. The fruit of evil,

An apple pierces my back

Thrown by my father.

3. I awake to legs.

They kick in all directions.

I am not surprised.



4. I take care of him

I give him food every day,

But he is vermin.



5. Nailed to a wall,

I see the horrible change

Of man to insect.



6.I awake to find

A shell and gooey insides

I am not fazed.



7. Free from the burden,

Better off without Gregor,

The family goes on.

8. A taste for garbage
I have transformed to a bug
No longer human


9.Boiling in blood

Waging war against others.

We are the violent.



10. Our faces frozen

Tears freeze forcing out God's light.

Burried under the ice.



11. Heads twisted backward,

Never to see before us,

Looking at the past.



12. We are the sullen.

Chanting the song of our lives

Kafka joins us here.



13. Whirling in the wind,

In life we led lustful lives

A pitiful site.



14. Eaten by the devil,

The most treacherous are damned

For eternity.

15. We have done nothing
However we lack God's grace
We are not punished

No comments: