Love Medicine

Love Medicine
Detail of beadwork from an Ojibwe medicine pouch

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The ultimate haikus

The world always moves

The people cover the streets

A bug is nothing

 

 

Gregor’s Father

I provided him

He supports the family

Everything’s fair

 

Gregor’s Father

He’s outside his room

I attempt to capture him

Apples throw nicely

 

Grete

I looked up to him

He now must look up at me

I cannot look down

 

Grete

I loved him back then

He is no longer still there

So time to move on

 

Gregor’s Mother

A man was my son

A bug’s what he has become

His life is now done

 

Gregor’s Mother

The sight of my son

Is like looking down a gun

This ruins my fun

 

Gregor

I felt like a bug

I am what I thought I was

You are what you feel

 

Gregor

From his lonesome job

To isolation at home

To death all alone

 

Gregor

Sitting all alone

The ceiling and walls look fun

Now it’s time to run

 

Gregor

What is family

When they know nothing of you

You nothing of them

 

Clerk

These pesky workers

They can never be trusted

It must be a scam

1 comment:

Kiberico said...

these are really good chet i really like "Father I provided him He supports the family Everything’s fair",...it was so well put