Love Medicine

Love Medicine
Detail of beadwork from an Ojibwe medicine pouch

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Response to Video

I thought the video was pretty interesting. Even though they used sign language, I dont understand how people didn't see what was going on. I don't believe that it had to do with religion, otherwise the people wouldn't have followed a man that got expelled from the church. This kind of reminds of Behind Enemy Lines because they both have mass murderings that go unnoticed.

2 comments:

Christine Schmidt said...

I think Behind Enemy Lines is alot different than the Uganda massacre because Uganda killed their own people in a cult like massacre at different times and in different ways with inconspicuous spots besides the church. In Behind Enemy Lines I remember a scene where the main character walked into a small body of water filled with bodies. I guess it is hard to compare them though because one is a wartime setting and one is a peace time setting dealing with only Uganda.

Unknown said...

I can’t believe the people didn’t notice that hundreds of their citizens were being killed by this so-called cult. The fact that the leaders were stripping the followers of every belonging to their name makes people think it was more than money- related. They weren’t allowed to have sex or anything, they couldn’t even use soap. This people seemed more that prisoners rather than followers. Who would want to do this anyway? I couldn't beleive it either... these people seemed so oblivious. I can't help but wonder if any of them became curious when they heard noises, possibly even curious children? This cult seemed to have alot of control over its followers, stripping them of anything that belonged to them. I wonder what could have urged these people to join a cult like so? And is so, why wouldn't they try to get out once a few massacres had already occurred? Crazy.