Love Medicine

Love Medicine
Detail of beadwork from an Ojibwe medicine pouch

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Brady Udall's Response to my E-Mail!!

Dear Jessica,

Thanks so much for your kind note, and for letting me in on what you're doing in your classes--I'm amazed. What a great way to approach a book, and it's even better because that book happens to be one that I wrote.
The site is full of great links, and I took the time to read the discussions the students are having about various aspects of the book.
Lots of sharp insights and thoughtful critiques there. So, did you really have a couple of Mormon missionaries come to the class? That's wild. If only I'd had teachers like you when I went to school, maybe things would have turned out differently somehow.

I will try to sign onto the blog, but I'm a hopeless techno-phobe (I don't even own a cell phone). I'd be happy to answer some of the students' questions, so if they'd like to email, or if the class would like to make up a list of their most burning, penetrating questions, I'd be happy to answer. Or maybe I'll just try to figure out how this blog thing works. It can't be that difficult, can it?

I'd love to come to New Orleans to visit the class, so if you're serious about that say the word and we can figure it out.
And thanks again for letting me in on the class discussion; I hope these students know how lucky they are to have a teacher like you.

my best,

Brady Udall

14 comments:

Jessica Deckard said...

If you do want to e-mail Mr. Udall, here is his address. Please use proper letter writing etiquette (ie. Dear Mr. Udall...Thank you...Sincerely).

Braden Udall [BRADENUDALL@boisestate.edu]

Thomas Meric said...

thats awesome!

nitsudd said...

holy shart thats cool... thats really cool that the author of the book we just read jsut posted on the same blog site we have to go to everyday.

Clare said...

Wow, this is really admirable of Mr. Udall. These are the type of authors that inspire me. Not only is his novel awesome, but he is too!

Shayan said...

LEts get him here. I gotta find out about barry.

bweaver said...

thats pretty cool that he would take to time to acutally check out what were doing, and i find it funny he said he was a techno-phobe

Taylor Harkness said...

That is really cool. He should definitly try to come here and talk to us about the book, i know everyone has at least one part or question on their mind.

Anonymous said...

i think it is cool that Udall is willing to give up his time and come down to new orleans. this shows how much he cares about his readers. he rules!!

THA DENN-MISTER! said...

what did you write him ?

Sara W said...

I wonder If any of the book is reality. That would be interesting if some of these events happened in Brady Udall's life.

Trevinator said...

Wow! He is really a nice guy!

alex hump said...

haha yeah im with you shay, have to know what he was up to with barry so we can settle this debate. he seems cool and if he ends up coming down here i really want to be able to see him

alex hump said...

and i think he likes you miss deckard

Anonymous said...

It sucks that we read this book so late in the year and he doesn't have time to come and visit us. That would have been pretty cool. He seems like a cool guy.